!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Farmer Dave's Journal: Movie Review: Little Miss Sunshine

Farmer Dave's Journal

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Movie Review: Little Miss Sunshine

I finally got around to seeing a movie that I had heard was pretty funny - - Little Miss Sunshine. Basically it's about a dysfunctional family traveling out to California to one of those kinda-creepy Children's Beauty Pageants. The first half of the movie made me laugh out loud a number of times. The guy who plays the boss on The Office was fantastic. The second part of the movie was also good, but not quite as hilarious as the beginning. It was a little too close to Chevy Chase's Vacation to be considered perfect. However, if you enjoy movies like Welcome to the Doll House & Best in Show then this one will be right up your alley. I was definitely entertained and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Toby is really sick now - - the doctor said she had a 102 degree temperature when she went in to get checked. Devera and I have been keeping busy while Mom is recovering. Since Toby is so sick it might mean renting another movie tonight. I don't think I've seen this many movies in years....at least not after Devera was born!

One other note, I should have a new special up over the next couple of days so keep checking if you are interested.

Have a Great Weekend!
| Farmer Dave, 1:23 PM|

1 Comments:

My sympathies and get well wishes to Toby. Being sick just plain sucks, especially with a high fever.

I saw LMS a few months ago. It was entertaining, but I guess I was basically disappointed. I loved some of the characters, but most of them seemed to sort of fade during the second half of the movie. It seemed like the writers just ran out of steam half way through. Charm saved the day.
Blogger Sally G. Knight, at 9:00 PM  

Add a comment