!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Farmer Dave's Journal: New Ebay Auction, Special, ....and phone carrier?

Farmer Dave's Journal

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

New Ebay Auction, Special, ....and phone carrier?

Ok, as promised, tomorrow at 10:30am PST I'll have a new Ebay auction launched. Also, I just put up a new on-site auction so if you are interested just shoot me a quick email.

So what's the phone carrier part about? So here it goes. Basically, I'm not really much of a complainer. First, I think life's too short. Second, most people don't enjoy hearing about it, and third, I'm generally a happy person. So as I tell this story keep in mind that it had me laughing almost all the way through. So awhile back I noticed something on my MCI bill that said "paper billing fee - $1". Fair enough I thought, if they have to send a paper invoice each month that would cost about a dollar, and an email is basically free and helps save the environment. So I was on board. So I called MCI and said, "yes, please start sending my invoice via email so I can save the dollar each month". There response was this - - "I can only remove the fee if you tie the payment to be automatically deducted from your bank or credit card each month." I told them that I've had trouble with that in the past because my credit card company has changed my number numerous times and I dislike having to call all the companies to tell them the number has changed. So I repeated again that I would like to have the fee waived and that I just wanted an email sent. They said "no". To be honest, I was a little surprised. So I made sure I had the story right. "So what you are telling me is that I have a paper billing fee, but an electronic email statement is not offered." Their response, "yes, that's correct". I tried unsuccessfully to get them to realize how insane that is to no avail. Then I remembered all of the other times MCI has screwed me in the past - - like when I owned their stock and they declared bankruptcy....all my money was gone - about $1,500. Then they just re-issued new stock after bankruptcy court. Why society doesn't pressure Congress to stop giving corporations welfare and direct that money towards our schools and infrastructure is beyond me but that is a different story. Then I remembered the time they just stopped offering internet service mid-stream. One day I just got this strange letter that said MCI was no longer offering internet service and that they would shut off my service on day X.

So how does the story end? I've got Comcast coming over next weekend to change my phone and at the same time save $50 a month over what MCI was providing. I've always believed that poor companies should be punished by consumers and good companies should be rewarded - - and the best way to do that is with my own purchasing. So I did promise MCI that I would make sure I blogged about my awful experience(s) with them and hopefully that would drive some customers away. Ultimately I would love to see the company go bankrupt.....again! God they are embarrassing. If anyone has anything to say about MCI, good or bad, feel free to post to the link. You get bonus points if it's a funny (read: assinine) experience.

Coming soon, my Verizon story which is even sillier!
| Farmer Dave, 9:05 PM|

0 Comments:

Add a comment